Ideal for both novice and advanced technicians, Manual Drivetrains and Axles, 7/eprovides a complete, state-of-the-art source on the operating principles as well as the service and repair procedures for manual drivetrains and axles. Correlated to NATEF and ASE tasks, the text focuses on the generic theory that underlies the operation, diagnosis, and repair of the units and subassemblies found in the many makes and types of vehicles students will likely encounter on the job. Formatted to better meet the learning needs of today's technical trade students, it visually supports concepts covered throughout, and includes many practical shop tips that guide students through important problem-solving procedures they'll use on the job.
This book is part of the Pearson Automotive Professional Technician Series, which features full-color, media-integrated solutions for today’s students and instructors covering all eight areas of ASE certification, plus additional titles covering common courses. Peer reviewed for technical accuracy, the series and the books in it represent the future of automotive textbooks.
Table of Contents
|Chapter 1||Service Information, Tools and Safety|
|Chapter 2||Environmental and Hazardous Materials|
|Chapter 3||Introduction to Drivetrains|
|Chapter 4||Clutch Parts and Operation|
|Chapter 5||Clutch Diagnosis and Service|
|Chapter 6||Manual Transmissions Parts and Operation|
|Chapter 7||Manual Transaxle Parts and Operations|
|Chapter 8||Manual Transmission/Transaxle Diagnosis and Service|
|Chapter 9||Drive Shafts and U- Joints|
|Chapter 10||Drive Axle Shafts and CV Joints Service|
|Chapter 11||Wheel and Axle Bearings|
|Chapter 12||Drive Axles and Differentials Parts and Operation|
|Chapter 13||Drive Axles and Differentials Diagnosis and Service|
|Chapter 14||Drivetrain Electricity and Electronics|
|Chapter 15||Four wheel and All-Wheel Drive Parts and Operation|
|Chapter 16||Four Wheel and All-Wheel Drive Diagnosis and Service|
|Chapter 17||Noise and Vibration Detection and Correction|
|Appendix 1||Sample A3 ASE Certification Test|
|Appendix 2||NATEF Correlation Chart|
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$66.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-351565-7