Table of Contents
1. Changing Organism-Context Relations as the Basic Process of Development: A Developmental Contextual Perspective. R. M. Lerner.
Birth, Infancy, Toddlerhood.
2. Motor Development of Native American Children on the Peabody Developmental Motor Scales. T.K. Crowe, C. McClain, & B. Provost.
3. Characteristics of Maternal Directiveness and Responsiveness with Young Children with Visual Impairments. M. Hughes, J. Dote-Kwan, & J. Dolendo.
4. Patterns of the Attachment-Exploration Balance of One-Year-Old Infants from the United States and Northern Germany. U. Zach, & H. Keller.
5. Living in a Bilingual Family. L. Finton.
6. On the Nature of Communication and Language Impairment in Autism. P. Mundy & J. Markus.
7. Developmental Catch-Up, and Deficit, Following Adoption After Severe Global Early Privation. M. Rutter & the English and Romanian Adoptes (ERA) Study Team.
8. Differences in Childrearing Attitudes Between Chinese Mothers and Anglo-American Mothers. C-H. C. Wang & J. S. Phinney.
9. Constructing Autonomous Selves Through Narrative Practices: A Comparative Study of Working Class and Middle-Class Families. A. Wiley, A. J. Rose, L.K. Burger & P. J. Miller.
Middle Childhood / School Age.
10. Successful Parenting in High-Risk Neighborhoods. R. L. Jarrett.
11. Cultural Brokers: Helping Latino Children on Pathways Toward Success. C. R. Cooper, J. Denner, & E. M. Lopez.
12. Beggar Children in Nigeria: Strength In an Out-of-Order Existence. C. E. Ekwenye.
13. The Changing Face of Bilingual Education. R. Gersten.
14. Chinese Students' and Teachers' Inferences of Effort and Ability. Y-Y. Hong.
15. Neuropsychological Function in Children with Maltreatment-Related Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. S. R. Beers & M. D. De Bellis.
16. Children at War: Current Understandings and Future Directions. H. Berman.
17. Children of Lesbian Mothers: From the 1970s to the Millennium. J. Mooney-Somers & S. Golombok.
18. The Vicissitudes of Adoption for Parents and Children. M. W. Silin.
19. “Lost Child”—Lessons from the Holocaust: Implications for Adult Adjustment. M. Sternberg, & M. Rosenbloom.
20. Rural Children Health. S. J. Clark, L. A. Savitz & R. K. Randolph.
21. On the Importance of Comparative Research: The Case of Folkbiology. J. Coley.