Marketing: An Introduction is intended for use in undergraduate Principles of Marketing courses. It is also suitable for those interested in learning more about the fundamentals of marketing.
This best-selling, brief text introduces marketing through the lens of creating value for customers.
With engaging real-world examples and information, Marketing: An Introduction shows students how customer value–creating it and capturing it–drives every effective marketing strategy.
The Twelfth Edition reflects the latest trends in marketing, including new coverage on online, social media, mobile, and other digital technologies.
MyMarketingLab for Marketing: An Introduction is a total learning package. MyMarketingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students.
- Improve Results with MyMarketingLab: MyMarketingLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- Guide Student’s Learning: The text’s active and integrative “Road to Learning Marketing” presentation helps students learn, link, and apply major concepts.
- Encourage Students to Apply Concepts: A practical marketing-management approach provides in-depth, real-life examples and stories that engage students with basic marketing concepts and bring the marketing journey to life.
- Cover New Marketing Trends and Technology: Every chapter of this edition features revised and expanded discussions on the explosive impact of exciting new marketing technologies.
MyMarketingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Note: MyMarketingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
PART 1 DEFINING MARKETING AND THE MARKETING PROCESS 2
1 Marketing: Creating and Capturing Customer Value 2
2 Company and Marketing Strategy: Partnering to Build Customer Value and Relationships 36
PART 2 UNDERSTANDING THE MARKETPLACE AND CUSTOMER VALUE 64
3 Analyzing the Marketing Environment 64
4 Managing Marketing Information to Gain Customer Insights 96
5 Understanding Consumer and Business Buyer Behavior 130
PART 3 DESIGNING A CUSTOMER VALUE—DRIVEN STRATEGY AND MIX 168
6 Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy: Creating Value for Target Customers 168
7 Products, Services, and Brands: Building Customer Value 200
8 New Product Development and Product Life-Cycle Strategies 236
9 Pricing: Understanding and Capturing Customer Value 264
10 Marketing Channels: Delivering Customer Value 302
11 Retailing and Wholesaling 334
12 Engaging Consumers and Communicating Customer Value: Advertising and Public Relations 366
13 Personal Selling and Sales Promotion 402
14 Direct, Online, Social Media, and Mobile Marketing 434
PART 4 EXTENDING MARKETING 466
15 The Global Marketplace 466
16 Sustainable Marketing: Social Responsibility and Ethics 494
Appendix 1 Company Cases 523
Appendix 2 Marketing Plan 557
Appendix 3 Marketing by the Numbers 569
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Marketing: An Introduction, 13th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345509-0
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345507-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$97.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-392105-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$162.13 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345128-3