The first text to teach public relations through the lens of marketing.
Marketing Public Relations breaks from the norm by presenting public relations using a marketing, rather than a communications studies or journalism, approach. This text recognizes the similarities between PR, word-of-mouth, and social networking media and creates a framework for constructing marketing strategies that incorporate these highly credible and cost-effective tools. Students will first learn the theory and then how to apply it, in order to “do Marketing Public Relations” in the real world.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Marketing Public Relations
- Marketing Public Relations and the Marketing Communications Mix
- Marketing Public Relations and the Organization it Serves
- The MPR Framework - Objectives, Target, Connectors, Message & Measure
- About the Media
- Non-Media Connectors and Word-of-Mouth
- Building a Connectors List
- The Press Kit and Press Release
- Selling the Story
- Social Media
- Experts and Interviews
- Crisis Management
- Planning and Measuring
Appendix 1 Capstone Assignment
Appendix 2 Introduction to Blogs
Appendix 3 Beyond Blogs: RSS and Podcasts
Appendix 4 Staying Afloat in a Sea of Social Media
Appendix 5 Identifying Story Ideas
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Marketing Public Relations, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$57.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-608339-9