For courses in global marketing.
The Eighth Edition of Marketing Research continues to provide readers with a “nuts and bolts” introduction to the field of marketing research. Intended for readers with no prior background in marketing research, the book teaches the basic fundamental statistical models needed to analyze market data.
This new edition continues with the successful condensed and streamlined organization as the previous edition. An integrated case study throughout the text helps readers relate the material to the real world--and their future careers. All information has been updated to offer the most current insights on forces shaping marketing research, such as the impact of social media and mobile technologies.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Marketing Research
- The Marketing Research Industry
- The Marketing Research Process and Defining the Problem and Research Objectives
- Research Design
- Secondary Data and Packaged Information
- Qualitative Research Techniques
- Evaluating Survey Data Collection Methods
- Understanding Measurement, Developing Questions, and Designing the Questionnaire
- Selecting the Sample
- Determining the Size of a Sample
- Dealing with Field Work and Data Quality Issues
- Using Descriptive Analysis, Performing Population Estimates, and Testing Hypotheses
- Implementing Basic Differences Tests
- Making Use of Associations Tests
- Understanding Regression Analysis Basics
- The Research Report