ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Promotes a deeper understanding of markets, corporate responsibility and business ethics
Markets, Ethics, and Business Ethics provides an introductory discussion on basic, challenging concepts of business ethics: markets, property rights, law, and corporations.This title presents a balance of institutional perspectives and the concrete decisions people make within those institutions. The text studies the rules and incentives of a business system as well as the ethical decisions that people confront within their roles as consumers, investors, managers, owners, employees, and citizens.
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: The Approach of the Book, Chapter Previews, A Primer on Ethics
I. BASIC CONCEPTS
Chapter 1. Markets
Chapter 2. The Nature of Property
Chapter 3. Property Rights, Markets, and Law
II. CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
Chapter 4. The Stockholder View of Corporate Responsibility
Chapter 5. The Stakeholder View of Corporate Responsibility
III. EFFICIENCY AND WELFARE: THE MOST COMMON ETHICAL GUIDES IN BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
Chapter 6. Efficiency and Welfare
Chapter 7. Public Goods and the Utilitarian Tradition
Chapter 8. The Invisible Hand: Assessing the Dance Between Ethics, Incentives, Chapter 9. Institutions
IV. ETHICS AND BEYOND EFFICIENCY
Chapter 10. Freedom
Chapter 11. Rights
Chapter 12. Equality
Chapter 13. What People Deserve
Chapter 14. Relationships and Character
Chapter 15. Community and the Common Good
V. THE POINT OF ETHICS
Chapter 16. The Value of An Ethical Life
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$28.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$28.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95167-3