A student-centered and practical approach to learning
This book provides timely, practical, and high-interest information about marriages, families, and intimate relationships, in an engaging format that is easy to use and learn from.
Marriages, Families, & Intimate Relationships: A Practical Introduction discusses fundamental concepts and insights from across the social sciences. It also attempts to engage students with high- interest, useful information and to answer the questions that matter greatly to them.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning — MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Questions and self-assessment help students think critically about content, engage in class discussions, and make connections to their personal lives.
- Engage Students — Student-focused features and a visually appealing design keep students interested.
- Explore Theory — High-interest information combined with the most current research provides a sociological focus to the text.
- Support Instructors — MySocLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit:
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: SEEKING: Finding Happiness in Relationships in a Complex World
Chapter 2: UNDERSTANDING: Learning about Intimate Behavior
Chapter 3: GENDER: The Meanings of Masculinity & Femininity
Chapter 4: INVOLVEMENT: Dating, Pairing, & Courtship
Chapter 5: LOVE: The Many Faces
Chapter 6: COMMUNICATION: Realizing Effective Intimacy
Chapter 7: SEXUALITY: Interpersonal Sexuality, Sexual Values, & Behavior
Chapter 8: MARRIAGE: The Ultimate Commitment?
Chapter 9: VARIATIONS: Nonmarital Families & Households
Chapter 10: REPRODUCTION: Decisions about Having or Not Having Children
Chapter 11: PARENTING: Children, Families, & Generations
Chapter 12: WORK: Economics, Jobs, & Balancing Family Demands
Chapter 13: CRISES: Managing Stress, Disaster, Violence, & Abuse
Chapter 14: UNCOUPLING: Separation & Divorce
Chapter 15: REMARRIAGE: Renewed & Blended Families
- Human Sexual Response
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Reducing Risks of Acquiring STDs
- Contraceptive Choices
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-93562-8
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91625-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$74.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92455-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$124.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-87911-3