A student-centered and practical approach to learning
This book provides timely, practical, and high-interest information about marriages, families, and intimate relationships, in an engaging format that is easy to use and learn from.
Marriages, Families, & Intimate Relationships: A Practical Introduction discusses fundamental concepts and insights from across the social sciences. It also attempts to engage students with high- interest, useful information and to answer the questions that matter greatly to them.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning — MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Questions and self-assessment help students think critically about content, engage in class discussions, and make connections to their personal lives.
- Engage Students — Student-focused features and a visually appealing design keep students interested.
- Explore Theory — High-interest information combined with the most current research provides a sociological focus to the text.
- Support Instructors — MySocLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit:
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: SEEKING: Finding Happiness in Relationships in a Complex World
Chapter 2: UNDERSTANDING: Learning about Intimate Behavior
Chapter 3: GENDER: The Meanings of Masculinity & Femininity
Chapter 4: INVOLVEMENT: Dating, Pairing, & Courtship
Chapter 5: LOVE: The Many Faces
Chapter 6: COMMUNICATION: Realizing Effective Intimacy
Chapter 7: SEXUALITY: Interpersonal Sexuality, Sexual Values, & Behavior
Chapter 8: MARRIAGE: The Ultimate Commitment?
Chapter 9: VARIATIONS: Nonmarital Families & Households
Chapter 10: REPRODUCTION: Decisions about Having or Not Having Children
Chapter 11: PARENTING: Children, Families, & Generations
Chapter 12: WORK: Economics, Jobs, & Balancing Family Demands
Chapter 13: CRISES: Managing Stress, Disaster, Violence, & Abuse
Chapter 14: UNCOUPLING: Separation & Divorce
Chapter 15: REMARRIAGE: Renewed & Blended Families
- Human Sexual Response
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Reducing Risks of Acquiring STDs
- Contraceptive Choices
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-93562-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91625-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$67.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-84181-3
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$107.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-87911-3