Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133786773.
This powerful resource and tool is designed specifically for students preparing for the National Counselor Exam (NCE) or Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (CPCE) and professional counselors preparing to take the NCE as a licensure exam. It includes state-of-the-art summaries of essential core content, numerous sample questions, multiple-choice questions embedded in each content section, and four full-length practice tests: two for the NCE and two for the CPCE. A helpful introductory chapter provides test taking and study preparation strategies to help readers prepare for what to expect with either exam and how to prepare for the exams. Mastering the NCE and CPCE is the ideal tool for taking and passing the two most important examinations in counselor preparation and credentialing. The Enhanced Pearson eText features assessments and internet resources
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice
Chapter 2: Social and Cultural Diversity
Chapter 3: Human Growth and Development
Chapter 4: Lifestyle and Career Development
Chapter 5: Helping Relationships
Chapter 6: Group Work
Chapter 7: Assessment
Chapter 8: Research and Program Evaluation
Chapter 9: From Envisioning to Actualization: Marketing Yourself in the 21st Century
by Daniel S. Testa, Jessica A. Headley, and Nicole A. Adamson
Practice Tests of the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination
NCE Sample Test—Form A
NCE Sample Test—Form B
CPCE Sample Test—Form A
CPCE Sample Test—Form B
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-357718-1