MasteringPhysics from Pearson is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students to develop deep conceptual understanding and make a stronger connection to course content.
MasteringPhysics enables instructors to:
- Quickly build homework assignments that combine regular end-of-chapter problems and tutoring (through additional multi-step tutorial problems that offer wrong-answer feedback and simpler problems upon request).
- Expand homework to include the widest range of automatically graded activities available–from numerical problems with randomized values, through algebraic answers, to free-hand drawing.
- Choose from a wide range of nationally pre-tested problems that provide accurate estimates of time to complete and difficulty.
- After an assignment is completed, quickly identify not only the problems that were the trickiest for students but the individual problem types where students had trouble.
- Compare class results against the system's national average for each problem assigned, to identify issues to be addressed with just-in-time teaching.
- Check the work of an individual student in detail, including time spent on each problem, what wrong answers they submitted at each step, how much help they asked for, and how many practice problems they worked.