Table of Contents
1. Why Study Mathematics?
2. A Short History of Mathematics.
3. Number Sense and Concepts.
Types of Counting, Numerals, and Models.
Proportional and Non-proportional Models.
4. Whole Number Operations.
Order of Operations.
5. Fractions, Decimals, and Percents.
Meanings of Fractions.
Operations with Fractions.
6. Algebraic Thinking.
Difference between Arbitrary and Standard Units.
Imperial and U.S. Measurement.
The Metric System.
Preparing to Measure.
8. Geometry and Spatial Sense.
9. Data Analysis and Probability.
10. Problem Solving and Logical Reasoning.
The Problem Solving Process.
11. Mathematics, Technology, and Teaching.
12. Communication, Connections, and Representation.
Communication, Connections, and Representation.
A Final Word.
General Resources for the Teacher.