For courses in Mathematics for Carpenters; Building Construction; Carpentry; Applied Math - Carpentry.
Mathematics for Carpentry and the Construction Trades, Third Edition, offers a unique approach based on the authors' experience in building construction and applied education. Loaded with photographs and detailed drawings, the text illustrates the underlying mathematics in each step of the building process. The text's problems, infused with the authors' real industry experience, provide students with relevant examples of problems they will face in the construction and carpentry trades. Problems include step-by-step summary explanations of their solutions with the necessary steps highlighted for easy identification. After giving students a solid foundation in math, the text then leads them through the steps of a construction project and applying the mathematical skills involved in completing the project.
Table of Contents
1. Whole Numbers
3. Decimal Fractions
4. Weights, Measures, and Conversions
5. Ratio and Proportion
7. Angles and Triangles
8. Areas and Perimeters
9. Volume and Surface Area of Solids
10. The Metric System
11. Board Measure
12. Lumber Pricing
13. Footings, Foundations, and Slabs
14. Girders, Sill Plates, Bridging, Floor Joists, and Floor Covering
15. Wall Framing
16. Roofs I: Common Rafters
17. Introduction to the Framing Square
19. Roofs II: Hip Rafters–The Conventional Case
20. Roofs III: Valley Rafters–The Conventional Case
21. Roof IV: Jack Rafters.
22. Roofs V: Hip and Valley Rafters–The Unconventional Cases
24. Framing and Covering Gable Ends; Exterior Trim
25. Wall and Roof Covering
26. Heat Loss, Return on Investment; Operating Costs
27. The Estimating Process
Appendix: Right Triangle Trigonometry; House Plans
Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-511401-8