Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMathLab does not come packaged with this content. MyMathLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMathLab, search for:
0321945298 / 9780321945297 Mathematics for the Trades: A Guided Approach Plus MyMathLab Access Card
Package consists of:
013334777X / 9780133347777 Mathematics for the Trades: A Guided Approach
0321431308 / 9780321431301 MyMathLab -- Glue-in Access Card
0321654064 / 9780321654069 MyMathLab Inside Star Sticker
Table of Contents
1. Arithmetic of Whole Numbers
1-1 Reading, Writing, Rounding, and Adding Whole Numbers
1-2 Subtraction of Whole Numbers
1-3 Multiplication of Whole Numbers
1-4 Division of Whole Numbers
1-5 Order of Operations
Using a Calculator, I: Whole-Number Calculations
2-1 Working with Fractions
2-2 Multiplication of Fractions
2-3 Division of Fractions
2-4 Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Using a Calculator, II: Fractions
3. Decimal Numbers
3-1 Addition and Subtraction of Decimal Numbers
3-2 Multiplication and Division of Decimal Numbers
3-3 Decimal Fractions
Using a Calculator, III: Decimals
4. Ratio, Proportion, and Percent
4-1 Ratio and Proportion
4-2 Special Applications of Ratio and Proportion
4-3 Introduction to Percent
4-4 Percent Problems
4-5 Special Applications of Percent Calculations
5-1 Working with Measurement Numbers
5-2 U.S. Customary Units and Unit Conversion
5-3 Metric Units
5-4 Direct Measurements
6-1 Addition of Signed Numbers
6-2 Subtraction of Signed Numbers
6-3 Multiplication and Division of Signed Numbers
6-4 Exponents and Square Roots
7. Basic Algebra
7-1 Algebraic Language and Formulas
7-2 Adding and Subtracting Algebraic Expressions
7-3 Solving Simple Equations
7-4 Solving Two-Step Equations
7-5 Solving More Equations and Solving Formulas
7-6 Solving Word Problems
7-7 Multiplying and Dividing Algebraic Expressions
7-8 Scientific Notation
8. Practical Plane Geometry
8-1 Angle Measurement
8-2 Perimeter of Polygons and Area of Quadrilaterals
8-3 Triangles, Regular Hexagons, and Irregular Polygons
9. Solid Figures
9-2 Pyramids and Frustums of Pyramids
9-3 Cylinders and Spheres
9-4 Cones and Frustums of Cones
10. Triangle Trigonometry
10-1 Angles and Triangles
10-2 Trigonometric Ratios
10-3 Solving Right Triangles
10-4 Oblique Triangles (Optional)
11. Intermediate Algebra
11-1 Systems of Equations
11-2 Quadratic Equations
12-1 Reading and Constructing Graphs
12-2 Measures of Central Tendency
Answers to Previews
Answers to Odd-Numbered ProblemsProtractor, Multiplication Table, and Metric Ruler
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95269-1
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95270-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$92.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95266-0
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$155.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95271-4