This classic best-seller helps give you a solid understanding of Earth and its physical geography. Its clear writing style, superior art program, and other learning aids appeal to students in many majors. This edition includes thoroughly updated content and introduces renowned illustrator Dennis Tasa—yet it maintains the proven approach first presented by respected authority Tom L. McKnight more than 20 years ago.
Table of Contents
2. Portraying Earth
3. Introduction to the Atmosphere
4. Insolation and Temperature
5. Atmospheric Pressure and Wind
6. Atmospheric Moisture
7. Atmospheric Disturbances
8. Climate and Climate Change
9. The Hydrosphere
10. Cycles and Patterns in the Biosphere
11. Terrestrial Flora and Fauna
13. Introduction to Landform Study
14. The Internal Processes
15. Preliminaries to Erosion: Weathering and Mass Wasting
16. Fluvial Processes
17. Solution Processes and Karst Topography
18. The Topography of Arid Lands
19. Glacial Modification of Terrain
20. Coastal Processes and Terrain
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend McKnight's Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation, Books a la Carte Edition, 11th Edition as a replacement.