This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook.
Continuing Tom L. McKnight's well-known thematic focus on landscape appreciation, Darrel Hess offers a broad survey of all of the physical processes and spatial patterns that create Earth’s physical landscape. McKnight’s Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation provides a clear writing style, superior art program, and abundant pedagogy to appeal to a wide variety of students. This new edition offers a truly meaningful integration of visualization, technology, the latest applied science, and new pedagogy, providingessential tools and opportunities to teach and engage students in these processes and patterns. It is now available with MasteringGeography™; the Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences.
Package consists of:
- Books a la Carte for McKnight's Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation, 11/e
Access Card Code Card for MasteringGeography with Pearson eText
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Earth
- Portraying Earth
- Introduction to the Atmosphere
- Insolation and Temperature
- Atmospheric Pressure and Wind
- Atmospheric Moisture
- Atmospheric Disturbances
- Climate and Climate Change
- The Hydrosphere
- Cycles and Patterns in the Biosphere
- Terrestrial Flora and Fauna
- Introduction to Landform Study
- The Internal Processes
- Preliminaries to Erosion: Weathering and Mass Wasting
- Fluvial Processes
- Solution Processes and Karst Topography
- The Topography of Arid Lands
- Glacial Modification of Terrain
- Coastal Processes and Terrain
Digital + Print
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend McKnight's Physical Geography: A Landscape Appreciation, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringGeography with eText -- Access Card Package, 12th Edition as a replacement.