Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133573966.
This joyful, child-centered book will help you develop your knowledge of curriculum and understanding of what makes learning experiences meaningful to young children. Designed to help you understand the content and processes involved in curriculum that has intellectual integrity and that celebrates young children, Meaningful Curriculum for Young Children is comprehensive, practical, and engaging to read. It is unique in that it combines a child-centered, child-friendly approach with a focus on meaningful subject area and field-tested content. In this, it demonstrates intellectual integrity and sensitivity to children while supplying you with practical resources for providing educational support to children.
The book focuses on four domains: physical (large motor, fine motor, sensory), creative arts (art, music, creative movement), communication (language, literacy, literature), and inquiry (math, science, social studies). Each of the curriculum chapters explores the value of the subject area, describes children’s development in the subject, explains the theory, structure and content of the discipline, and clarifies its connection to early learning standards. A discussion of ways to teach each subject through play in a planned environment, teacher-child interaction, and planned activities is part of each chapter, including examples of a planned activity, a week’s plan, the curriculum area in an integrated study, how children with special needs can be included in this curriculum area, and considerations for working with primary school age children. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Curriculum That Engages Young Children
Chapter 2: Planning, Implementing, and Assessing Curriculum
Chapter 3: Planning Integrated Curriculum
Chapter 4: Large Motor Curriculum: Moving and Learning
Chapter 5: Fine Motor Curriculum: Manipulating and Coordinating
Chapter 6: Sensory Development Curriculum: Sensing and Perceiving
Chapter 7: Language Curriculum: Speaking and Listening
Chapter 8: Literacy Curriculum: Exploring and Using Print
Chapter 9: Literature Curriculum: Delighting in Books and Words
Chapter 10: Visual Art Curriculum: Creating with Hand and Eye
Chapter 11: Music Curriculum: Creating with Heart and Voice
Chapter 12: Creative Movement Curriculum: Creating with Body and Mind
Chapter 13: Math Curriculum: Discovering Patterns and Solving Problems
Chapter 14: Science Curriculum: Discovering the Natural World
Chapter 15: Social Studies Curriculum: Discovering the Social World
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$61.99 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133447958
Includes this title packaged with:
- NEW MyEducationLab without Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
. Pearson Education
$169.53 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$63.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307196-2