For Classroom Assessment and Test and Measurement courses in Education Departments
For years, this outstanding, classic text has been the market leader for courses in Classroom Assessment and Tests and Measurement. In a presentation that assumes no previous knowledge of assessment or measurement, the text provides crystal clear step-by-step instruction on such topics as constructing test questions, aligning assessment with learning goals, and interpreting standardized tests. Providing readers with an understanding of the role of assessment in the instructional process, the book helps students learn how to construct effective test questions that are aligned with learning outcomes, evaluate published tests, and properly interpret scores of standardized tests. Measurement and Assessment in Teaching, eleventh edition, introduces the elements of measurement and assessment that are essential to good teaching, once again paving the way for future educators.
Highlights of the New Edition include:
- Objectives that clarify what should be learned from each chapter
- A discussion of the role of the Common Core Standards (Chapters 1, 3, and 4)
- Strategies to align tests with content standards (Chapter 4)
- Increased coverage on effective uses of formative assessment (Chapter 2)
- Presentation of Webb’s Depth of Knowledge Framework as a system for test planning (Chapter 3)
- Inclusion of multiple methods used to examine the fairness of tests for multiple populations (Chapter 4)
- Updated information on standardized achievement and aptitude tests (Chapters 16 and 17)
Table of Contents
Measurement and Assessment in Teaching
By M. David Miller and Robert Linn
Part I: The Measurement and Assessment Process
Chapter 1: Educational Testing and Assessment: Context, Issues, and Trends
Chapter 2: The Role of Measurement and Assessment in Teaching
Chapter 3: Instructional Goals and Objectives: Foundation for Assessment
Chapter 4: Validity
Chapter 5: Reliability and Other Desired Characteristics
Part II: Classroom Tests and Assessments
Chapter 6: Planning Classroom Tests and Assessments
Chapter 7: Constructing Objective Test Items: Simple Forms
Chapter 8: Constructing Objective Test Items: Multiple Choice Forms
Chapter 9: Measuring Complex Achievement: The Interpretive Exercise
Chapter 10: Measuring Complex Achievement: Essay Questions
Chapter 11: Measuring Complex Achievement: Performance-Based Assessments
Chapter 12: Portfolios
Chapter 13: Assessment Procedures: Observational Techniques, Peer Appraisal, and Self-Report
Chapter 14: Assembling, Administering, and Appraising Classroom Tests and Assessments
Chapter 15: Grading and Reporting
Part III: Selecting and Using Published Tests
Chapter 16: Achievement Tests
Chapter 17: Aptitude Tests
Chapter 18: Test Selection, Administration, and Use
Chapter 19: Interpreting Test Scores and Norms
Appendix A: Taxonomy of Educational Objectives
Appendix B: Content Standards
Appendix C: Elementary Statistics
Appendix D: Relating Assessment Procedures to Instructional Objectives
Appendix E: Selected Published Tests
Appendix F: Test Publishers
Appendix G: Standards for Teacher Competence in Educational Assessment of Students
Appendix H: Professional Journals for Locating Measurement and Assessment Articles
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$81.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-311996-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$136.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300791-6