ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
This practical, user-friendly new edition bridges the gap between theory and practice by examining measurement and evaluation techniques for a variety of activities–from coaching and teaching to adult education and community programs. In Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Exercise, Seventh Edition, you get the skills you need to assess, evaluate, and develop more effective physical education or activity programs. Real-life, practical examples illustrate the measurement and evaluation models to help you grasp important concepts, while showing how to integrate measurement and evaluation techniques into program design and development.
- Measurement and evaluation made real: See why and how measurement and evaluation will be integral to your activity-based professional lives.
- The most current information and the latest research have been incorporated throughout the text.
- Essential statistical techniques for measurement and evaluation are presented in a user-friendly, practical approach that encourages and reinforces learning.
Table of Contents
2. Linking Program Development with Measurement and Evaluation
3. Basic Statistics
4. Criteria for Test Selection
5. Alternative Assessment
6. Measuring Health-Related Physical Fitness and Physical Activity
7. Measuring Psychomotor Skills
8. Measuring Cognitive Knowledge
9. Measuring Affective Behaviors
11. Using Self-Evaluation to Improve Instruction
12. Measurement and Evaluation in Activity Settings
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$68.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96640-7