ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
This extensively updated text and reference illuminates the modern realities of planning and constructing buildings with efficient, sustainable mechanical and electrical systems. Throughout, the authors place mechanical and electrical systems design in the overall context of the built environment. They extensively address engineers’ teamwork with architects, owners, and facility managers to provide high-quality, productive environments which reflect both environmental and cost concerns. Focusing on the “what,” “why,” and “how” of ME systems, they incorporate new developments in all major disciplines, including electrical, lighting, telecom, plumbing and HVAC. New coverage in this edition includes: HVAC design using VRF and chilled beam technologies; energy reclaim systems; dedicated outside air systems; assessment of solar thermal system efficiency; new fuel cell technology; updates on the economics of cogeneration, and much more.
0133140792 / 9780133140798 Mechanical & Electrical Systems in Buildings Plus MyConstructionKit -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0138015856 / 9780138015855 MyConstructionKit -- Instant Access -- for Mechanical & Electrical Systems in Buildings
0138015627 / 9780138015626 Mechanical and Electrical Systems in Buildings
This book is available for sale without access using ISBN: 0138015627
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Mechanical and Electrical Systems: Energy, Sustainability, and Economics
2. HVAC Fundamentals
3. HVAC Delivery Systems
4. Cooling Production Equipment and Systems
5. Heating Production Equipment and Systems
6. Air-Handling Equipment and Systems
7. Piping Equipment and Systems
8. Plumbing Equipment and Systems
9. Fire Protection Equipment and Systems
10. Introduction to Electricity
11. Power Equipment and Systems
12. Communications, Life Safety, and Security Systems
13. Electrical Design and Wiring
14. Light and Lighting
15. Lighting Equipment and Systems
16. Calculations of Illumination
17. Lighting Design
18. Noise and Vibrations in Mechanical and Electrical Systems
19. Architectural Accommodation and Coordination of Mechanical and Electrical Systems
Appendix A. Glossary of Terms, Acronyms, and Abbreviations
Appendix B. Glossary of Technical Organizations
Appendix C. Units and Conversion of Quantities