Using a consistent, logical, and step-by-step approach, MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY: A LIVING LANGUAGE, 5/e introduces students to the anatomy and physiology of body systems and the corresponding medical terms related to them. For each body system, broad coverage of anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures, and pharmacology is provided. The author emphasizes both terms built from Latin and Greek word parts, and modern English terms, helping students develop a full working word part vocabulary they can use to interpret any new term. This edition contains many new terms, and has been reorganized for more efficient learning. To eliminate confusion, Word Building tables have been removed from each chapter and the terms have been distributed throughout the pathology, diagnostic procedure, and treatment procedure tables, where they are more immediately relevant to students.
Note: This ISBN is just the standalone book, if the customer wants the book/access card order the ISBN below;
133962032 / 9780133962031 Medical Terminology: A Living Language PLUS MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson etext -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0132843471 / 9780132843478 Medical Terminology: A Living Language
0133936236 / 9780133936230 MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson etext - Access Card - Medical Terminology A Living Language
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Organization
3. Integumentary System
4. Musculoskeletal System
5. Cardiovascular System
6. Blood and the Lymphatic and Immune Systems
7. Respiratory System
8. Digestive System
9. Urinary System
10. Reproductive System
11. Endocrine System
12. Nervous System
13. Special Senses: The Eye and Ear
14. Special Topics
Chapter Review Answers
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$10.80 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134061863
Includes this title packaged with:
- Real Nursing Skills 2.0 -- Access Card -- for Skills for the Practical/Vocational Nurse Online Version, 2nd Edition
. . Pearson Education
- Pearson Nurse's Drug Guide 2015
Billie A. Wilson, Margaret Shannon, Kelly Shields
- Pearson's Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests: With Nursing Implications, 7th Edition
Joyce LeFever Kee
- Core Concepts in Pharmacology, 4th Edition
Norm Holland, Michael Patrick Adams, Jeanine Brice
- RealEHRPrep with Cerner: Standard -- Access Card -- (12 month access)
. . Pearson Education
- Gerontological Nursing, 3rd Edition
Patricia A. Tabloski
- Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 22nd Edition
- Comprehensive Nursing Care, Revised Second Edition, 2nd Edition
Roberta Pavy Ramont, Dee Niedringhaus
$645.67 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Medical Terminology: A Living Language, 6th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.10 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348493-9
$89.10 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-393651-3
$66.83 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-393656-8
$66.83 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348492-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$41.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307311-9