For all courses in medical terminology designed for allied health students and others pursuing health careers.
This is a true introductory-level “essentials” text focusing solely on medical terminology, and on teaching students how to build and translate medical terms with confidence. Designed to be fun, accessible, and eye-catching, its powerful three-step approach guides students step-by-step through mastering relevant word parts, understanding word roots, and word assembly. To help students learn meanings, correct spelling, pronunciation, and other components of each term, the book contains numerous exercises, tips, and colorful figures for learning and practice. It is flexible enough to be used either in support of lectures, or as an independent student workbook.Check out www.mymedicalterminologylab.com for additional resources. Find your book and follow the registration instructions.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
4. Anatomical Terminology
SECTION II. MEDICAL SPECIALTIES
5. Dermatology: Integumentary System
6. Orthopedics: Musculoskeletal System
7. Cardiology: Cardiovascular System
8. Hematology: Blood
9. Immunology: Immune Systems
10. Pulmonology: Respiratory System
11. Gastroenterology: Digestive System
12. Urology and Nephrology: Urinary System and Male Reproductive System
13. Obstetrics and Gynecology: Female Reproductive System
14. Neurology: Nervous System
15. Endocrinology: Endocrine System
16. Ophthalmology: The Eye
17. Otorhinolaryngology: Ear, Nose, and Throat
SECTION III: APPENDICES
Appendix II. Abbreviations & Symbols
Appendix III. Selected English-Spanish Glossary
Appendix IV. Answer Keys
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Medical Terminology: Get Connected!, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$25.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-213649-5