For courses in Meeting, Event, Exposition and Convention Planning and Management.
The Meetings, Expositions, Events, and Conventions industry continues to grow and garner increasing attention from the hospitality industry, communities, and college faculty. With a broad view of the industry, this book moves beyond just one segment to include all aspects related to the MEEC industry. Developed as a collaborative work, the text features contributions from some of the best and most notable practitioners and educators in the field. (Using the Delphi method, even the text’s topics were selected based on industry input.) Now in its third edition, this revision features over 30 new case studies, the latest statistics and a new chapter devoted to green meetings and social responsibility.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Meetings, Expositions, Events, and Conventions Industry
2. Meeting, Exhibition, Event, And Convention Organizers and Sponsors
3. Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs)<FM><TTL>
4. Meeting and Convention Venues
6. Service Contractors
7. Destination Management Companies (DMC)
8. Special Events Management
9. Planning and Producing MEEC Gatherings
10. Food and Beverage
11. Legal Issues in the MEEC Industry
12. Technology and the Meeting Professional
13. Green Meetings & Social Responsibility
14. International Aspects in MEEC
15. Pulling It All Together
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Meetings, Expositions, Events & Conventions, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-512426-0