Written by experienced retailers, Merchandising Mathematics for Retailing, 5/e introduces students to the essential principles and techniques of merchandising mathematics, and explains how to apply them in solving everyday retail merchandising problems. Instructor- and student-friendly, it features clear and concise explanations of key concepts, followed by problems, case studies, spreadsheets, and summary problems using realistic industry figures. Most chapters lend themselves to spreadsheet use, and skeletal spreadsheets are provided to instructors within the Instructor's Manual. This edition is extensively updated to reflect current trends, and to discuss careers from the viewpoint of working professionals. It adds 20+ new case studies that encourage students to use analytic skills, and link content to realistic retail challenges. This edition also contains a focused discussion of profitability measures, and an extended discussion of assortment planning.
Table of Contents
2. Basic Merchandising Mathematics
4. Cost of Merchandise Sold
5. Markup as a Merchandising Tool
6. Retail Pricing for Profit
7. Inventory Valuation
8. The Dollar Merchandise Plan
9. Open-to-Buy and Assortment Planning
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307296-9