The sixth edition of Methods for Effective Teaching provides the most current research-based coverage of teaching methods for K-12 classrooms on the market today. In a straightforward, user-friendly tone, the expert author team writes to prepare current and future educators to be effective in meeting the needs of all the students they teach. In this new edition, all content is carefully aligned to professional standards, including the recently revised InTASC standards. Uniquely emphasizing today’s contemporary issues, such as both teacher-centered and student-centered strategies; a myriad of ways to differentiate instruction, promote student thinking, and actively engage students in learning; approaches for teaching English language learners, and an added emphasis on culturally responsive teaching, this highly-regarded textbook is the perfect combination of sound teaching methods and cutting edge content.
Table of Contents
Part I Foundations Of Teaching Methods
Chapter ONE The Teacher as a Decision Maker
Part II Planning Instruction
Chapter TWO Knowing Your Students
Chapter THREE The Fundamentals of Planning
Chapter FOUR Planning Lessons and Units
Part III Selecting Instructional Strategies
Chapter FIVE Teacher-centered Instructional Strategies
Chapter SIX Student-centered Instructional Strategies
Chapter SEVEN Strategies that Promote Understanding, Thinking, and Engagement
Part IV Managing Instruction and the Classroom
Chapter EIGHT Managing Lesson Delivery
Chapter NINE Classroom Management
Chapter TEN Classroom Discipline
Part V Assessing and Reporting Student Performance
Chapter ELEVEN Assessing Student Performance
Chapter TWELVE Grading Systems, Marking, and Reporting
Part VI Working with Others
Chapter THIRTEEN Collaborating with Colleagues and Families
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 7th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users