Note:¿You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringMicrobiology does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase¿both¿the physical text and MasteringMicrobiology search for ISBN-10: 032191838X / ISBN-13: 9780321918383. That package includes ISBN-10: 032191855X /ISBN-13: 9780321918550 and ISBN-10: 0321943708 / ISBN-13: 9780321943705.
MasteringMicrobiology is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.¿
For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).
Explore the invisible
Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, Fourth Edition retains the hallmark art program and clear writing style that have made his books so successful. The Fourth Edition encourages you to visualize the invisible with new QR codes linking to 18 Video Tutors and 6 Disease in Depth features that motivate you to interact with microbiology content and explore microbiology further. The continued focus on real-world clinical situations prepares you for future opportunities in applied practice and healthcare careers. A more robust MasteringMicrobiology® program works with the text to provide an interactive learning and personalized experience that ensures you learn microbiology both in and out of the classroom.
Microbiology with Diseases by Body System Plus MasteringMicrobiology provides an enhanced learning experience. This program provides the ability to:
- Personalize learning with MasteringMicrobiology: MasteringMicrobiology coaches you through the toughest microbiology topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content.
- Think outside the classroom: QR codes in the textbook enable you to use your smartphone or tablet to instantly interact with Dr. Bauman in step-by-step tutorials and explore important developments in microbiology news and research.
- Focus on critical thinking: Case studies and engaging activities improve your ability to solve problems by keeping you interested.
- Teach tough topics with superior art: Outstanding art integration through video tutorials, illustrations, and micrographs enables you to absorb and retain difficult microbiology concepts.¿
Table of Contents
2. The Chemistry of Microbiology
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Nutrition and Growth
7. Microbial Genetics
8. Recombinant DNA Technology
9. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
10. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
11. Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
12. Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
13. Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
14. Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
15. Innate Immunity
16. Adaptive Immunity
17. Immunization and Immune Testing
18. AIDS and Other Immune Disorders
19. Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Wounds
20. Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System and Eyes
21. Microbial Cardiovascular and Systemic Diseases
22. Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System
23. Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
24. Microbial Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
25. Applied and Environmental Microbiology
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133857122
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringMicrobiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, 4th Edition
Robert W. Bauman
$236.00 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$94.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95681-1
$60.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94320-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$92.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94371-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$155.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94368-2