Table of Contents
2. The Chemistry of Microbiology
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Microscopy, Staining and Classification
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Nutrition and Growth
7. Microbial Genetics
8. Recombinant DNA Technology
9. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
10. Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
11. Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
12. Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
13. Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
14. Infection, Infectious Disease, and Epidemiology
15. Innate Immunity
16. Adaptive Immunity
17. Immunization and Immune Testing
18. Immune Disorders
19. Pathogenic Gram-Positive Bacteria
20. Pathogenic Gram-Negative Cocci and Bacilli
21. Rickettsias, Chlamydias, Spirochetes, and Vibrios
22. Pathogenic Fungi
23. Parasitic Protozoa, Helminths, and Arthropod Vectors
24. Pathogenic DNA Viruses
25. Pathogenic RNA Viruses
26. Applied and Environmental Microbiology
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$64.80 | Add to Cart
$126.90 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321914026
Includes this title packaged with:
- NEW MasteringMicrobiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, 3rd Edition
Robert W. Bauman
$205.07 | Add to Cart
$198.40 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$30.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67811-9
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67739-6
$91.30 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67800-3
$130.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67807-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$78.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67812-6
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$140.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67722-8
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$129.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67740-2