A book that provides a treatment of microeconomic theory that stresses the relevance and application to managerial and public policy decision making.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction: Markets and Prices
Chapter 1. Preliminaries
Chapter 2. The Basics of Supply and Demand
Part II. Producers, Consumers, and Competitive Markets
Chapter 3. Consumer Behavior
Chapter 4. Individual and Market Demand
Chapter 5. Uncertainty and Consumer Behavior
Chapter 6. Production
Chapter 7. The Cost of Production
Chapter 8. Profit Maximization and Competitive Supply
Chapter 9. The Analysis of Competitive Markets
Part III. Market Structure and Competitive Strategy
Chapter 10. Market Power: Monopoly and Monopsony
Chapter 11. Pricing with Market Power
Chapter 12. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
Chapter 13. Game Theory and Competitive Strategy
Chapter 14. Markets for Factor Inputs
Chapter 15. Investment, Time, and Capital Markets
Part IV. Information, Market Failure, and the Role of Government
Chapter 16. General Equilibrium and Economic Efficiency
Chapter 17. Markets with Asymmetric Information
Chapter 18. Externalities and Public Goods
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-291447-5
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-291468-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$190.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-287043-6