Your guide to quickly turn data into results.
Transform your skills, data, and business—and create your own BI solutions using software you already know and love: Microsoft Excel. Two business intelligence (BI) experts take you inside PowerPivot functionality for Excel 2013, with a focus on real world scenarios, problem-solving, and data modeling. You'll learn how to quickly turn mass quantities of data into meaningful information and on-the-job results—no programming required!
- Understand the differences between PowerPivot for Self Service BI and SQL Server Analysis Services for Corporate BI
- Extend your existing data-analysis skills to create your own BI solutions
- Quickly manipulate large data sets, often in millions of rows
- Perform simple-to-sophisticated calculations and what-if analysis
- Create complex reporting systems with data modeling and Data Analysis Expressions
- Share your results effortlessly across your organization using Microsoft SharePoint
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to PowerPivot
- Chapter 2: Using the unique features of PowerPivot
- Chapter 3: Introducing DAX
- Chapter 4: Understanding data models
- Chapter 5: Publishing to SharePoint
- Chapter 6: Loading data
- Chapter 7: Understanding evaluation contexts
- Chapter 8: Understanding CALCULATE
- Chapter 9: Using hierarchies
- Chapter 10: Using Power View
- Chapter 11: Shaping the reports
- Chapter 12: Performing date calculations in DAX
- Chapter 13: Using advanced DAX
- Chapter 14: Using DAX as a query language
- Chapter 15: Automating operations using VBA
- Chapter 16: Comparing Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
- About the Authors
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$17.49 | ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-9692-1