Trade more profitably by exploiting Microsoft Excel’s powerful statistical and data mining tools:
· Uncover subtle anomalies and distortions that signal profit opportunities
· Create powerful new custom indicators, alerts, and trading models
· Visualize and analyze huge amounts of trading data with just a few clicks
· Powerful techniques for every active investor who can use Excel
Now that high-speed traders dominate the market, yesterday’s slower-paced analysis strategies are virtually worthless. To outperform, individual traders must discover fleeting market trends and inefficiencies and act on them before they disappear. Five years ago, this required multimillion-dollar data mining and analytical infrastructures. Today, traders can use Excel with the help of world-class trader Jeff Augen’s Microsoft Excel for Stock and Option Traders: Build your Own Analytical Tools for Higher Returns.
Augen shows how to use Excel 2007 or 2010 to uncover hidden correlations and reliable trade triggers based on subtle anomalies and price distortions, create and test new hypotheses others haven’t considered, and visualize data to reveal insights others can’t see!
"Jeff Augen turns things inside out in his remarkable and challenging book Microsoft Excel for Stock and Option Traders."
- John A. Sarkett, SFO Magazine, October 2011
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction--The Value of Information 7
Chapter 2: The Basics 63
Chapter 3: Advanced Topics 153