Build agile and responsive Business Intelligence solutions
Analyze tabular data using the BI Semantic Model (BISM) in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services—and discover a simpler method for creating corporate-level BI solutions. Led by three BI experts, you’ll learn how to build, deploy, and query a BISM tabular model with step-by-step guides, examples, and best practices. This hands-on book shows you how the tabular model’s in-memory database enables you to perform rapid analytics—whether you’re a professional BI developer new to Analysis Services or familiar with its multidimensional model.
Discover how to:
- Determine when a tabular or multidimensional model is right for your project
- Build a tabular model using SQL Server Data Tools in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Integrate data from multiple sources into a single, coherent view of company information
- Use the Data Analysis eXpressions (DAX) language to create calculated columns, measures, and queries
- Choose a data modeling technique that meets your organization’s performance and usability requirements
- Optimize your data model for better performance with xVelocity storage engine
- Manage complex data relationships, such as multicolumn, banding, and many-to-many
- Implement security by establishing administrative and data user roles
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
$47.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-5817-2