Teach yourself how to build applications with Microsoft Visual C# 2012 and Visual Studio 2012—one step at a time. Ideal for those with fundamental programming skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for mastering core C# language features and creating working applications and components for Windows.
Discover how to:
- Work with variables, non-reserved identifiers, statements, operators, and methods
- Use the new application models provided by Windows 8 and the Windows Runtime
- Create interfaces and define abstract classes
- Manage errors and exception handling
- Use collection classes
- Work with databases by using DataBinding with the Entity Framework
- Respond to user input and gestures; gather input from devices and other sources
- Handle events arising from multiple sources
- Develop your first Windows 8 apps
Table of Contents
- Introducing Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Chapter 1: Welcome to C#
- Chapter 2: Working with Variables, Operators, and Expressions
- Chapter 3: Writing Methods and Applying Scope
- Chapter 4: Using Decision Statements
- Chapter 5: Using Compound Assignment and Iteration Statements
- Chapter 6: Managing Errors and Exceptions
- Understanding the C# Object Model
- Chapter 7: Creating and Managing Classes and Objects
- Chapter 8: Understanding Values and References
- Chapter 9: Creating Value Types with Enumerations and Structures
- Chapter 10: Using Arrays
- Chapter 11: Understanding Parameter Arrays
- Chapter 12: Working with Inheritance
- Chapter 13: Creating Interfaces and Defining Abstract Classes
- Chapter 14: Using Garbage Collection and Resource Management
- Defining Extensible Types with C#
- Chapter 15: Implementing Properties to Access Fields
- Chapter 16: Using Indexers
- Chapter 17: Introducing Generics
- Chapter 18: Using Collections
- Chapter 19: Enumerating Collections
- Chapter 20: Decoupling Application Logic and Handling Events
- Chapter 21: Querying In-Memory Data by Using Query Expressions
- Chapter 22: Operator Overloading
- Building Professional Windows 8 Applications with C#
- Chapter 23: Improving Throughput by Using Tasks
- Chapter 24: Improving Response Time by Performing Asynchronous Operations
- Chapter 25: Implementing the User Interface for a Windows Store App
- Chapter 26: Displaying and Searching for Data in a Windows Store App
- Chapter 27: Accessing a Remote Database in a Windows Store App
- About the Author
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.