Your hands-on guide to Visual C# fundamentals
Expand your expertise—and teach yourself the fundamentals of Microsoft Visual C# 2013. If you have previous programming experience but are new to Visual C# 2013, this tutorial delivers the step-by-step guidance and coding exercises you need to master core topics and techniques.
Discover how to:
- Create and debug C# applications in Visual Studio 2013
- Work with variables, identifiers, statements, operators, and methods
- Create interfaces and define abstract classes
- Write robust code that can catch and handle exceptions
- Display and edit data using data binding with Microsoft ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Respond to user input and touchscreen gestures
- Handle events arising from multiple sources
- Develop your first Windows 8.1 apps
Table of Contents
- Introducing Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- Chapter 1: Welcome to C#
- Chapter 2: Working with variables, operators, and expressions
- Chapter 3: Writing methods and applying scope
- Chapter 4: Using decision statements
- Chapter 5: Using compound assignment and iteration statements
- Chapter 6: Managing errors and exceptions
- Understanding the C# object model
- Chapter 7: Creating and managing classes and objects
- Chapter 8: Understanding values and references
- Chapter 9: Creating value types with enumerations and structures
- Chapter 10: Using arrays
- Chapter 11: Understanding parameter arrays
- Chapter 12: Working with inheritance
- Chapter 13: Creating interfaces and defining abstract classes
- Chapter 14: Using garbage collection and resource management
- Defining extensible types with C#
- Chapter 15: Implementing properties to access fields
- Chapter 16: Using indexers
- Chapter 17: Introducing generics
- Chapter 18: Using collections
- Chapter 19: Enumerating collections
- Chapter 20: Decoupling application logic and handling events
- Chapter 21: Querying in-memory data by using query expressions
- Chapter 22: Operator overloading
- Building professional Windows 8.1 applications with C#
- Chapter 23: Improving throughput by using tasks
- Chapter 24: Improving response time by performing asynchronous operations
- Chapter 25: Implementing the user interface for a Windows Store app
- Chapter 26: Displaying and searching for data in a Windows Store app
- Chapter 27: Accessing a remote database from a Windows Store app
- About the author
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$24.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-9536-8