Microsoft® Visual Studio 2008 Unleashed is an end-to-end, deep dive into the Visual Studio development environment. It’s meant to provide you guidance on how you can squeeze the ultimate productivity out of the many features built into the .NET development tools. Understanding how to use your tools will make you a better developer. This book was written with that premise as its focus.
The authors have folded in real-world development experience alongside detailed information about the IDE. The result is practical, easy-to-employ information that will make you a more productive and complete developer. This book also helps to ease your transition from other development environments and former versions of Visual Studio.
Finally, this book provides an entire section dedicated to Visual Studio Team System. It will help you understand how the Team Architect, Team Developer, Team Database Developer, and Team Tester work with the Team Foundation Server to increase team collaboration, visibility, and productivity.
Microsoft® Visual Studio 2008 Unleashed provides straight, to-the-point answers to common developer questions about the IDE.
Detailed Information on…
- What’s new in Visual Studio 2008
- Working with solutions, projects, editors, and designers
- Writing ASP.NET applications
- Writing and consuming Web Services using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Writing Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications
- Creating and hosting workflow-based applications using Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
- Working with data and databases
- Refactoring code
- Debugging code
- Automating the IDE
- Writing macros, add-ins, and wizards
- Using team collaboration and the Visual Studio Team System products
- Managing source code changes
- Tracking projects with Team Foundation Server and work items
- Modeling applications
- Performing unit, web, and load testing
- Working with Team Foundation Build
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$51.99Add to Cart