The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator is dedicated to negotiators who want to improve their ability to negotiate–whether in multimillion-dollar business deals or personal interactions. This text provides an integrated view of what to do and what to avoid at the bargaining table, facilitated by an integration of theory, scientific research, and practical examples.
This edition contains new examples and chapter-opening sections, as well as more than a hundred new scientific articles on negotiations.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Negotiation: The Mind and the Heart
Chapter 2: Preparation: What to Do before Negotiation
Chapter 3: Distributive Negotiation: Slicing the Pie
Chapter 4: Win-Win Negotiation: Expanding the Pie
PART II: ADVANCED NEGOTIATION SKILLS
Chapter 5: Developing a Negotiating Style
Chapter 6: Establishing Trust and Building a Relationship
Chapter 7: Power, Persuasion, and Ethics
Chapter 8: Creativity and Problem Solving in Negotiations
PART III: APPLICATIONS AND SPECIAL SCENARIOS
Chapter 9: Multiple Parties, Coalitions, and Teams
Chapter 10: Cross-Cultural Negotiation
Chapter 11: Tacit Negotiations and Social Dilemmas
Chapter 12: Negotiating via Information Technology
Appendix 1: Are You a Rational Person? Check Yourself
Appendix 2: Nonverbal Communication and Lie Detection
Appendix 3: Third-Party Intervention
Appendix 4: Negotiating a Job Offer
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133062885
Includes this title packaged with:
- Business Ethics: Concepts and Cases, 7th Edition
Manuel G. Velasquez
$293.80 | Add to Cart
This item has been upgraded to Mind and Heart of the Negotiator, The, 6th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299770-6