For undergraduate and graduate-level business courses that cover the skills of negotiation.
Delve into the mind and heart of the negotiator in order to enhance negotiation skills.
The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator is dedicated to negotiators who want to improve their ability to negotiate—whether in multimillion-dollar business deals or personal interactions. This text provides an integrated view of what to do and what to avoid at the bargaining table, facilitated by an integration of theory, scientific research, and practical examples.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Provide Students with Practical Real-World Examples: Each chapter opens with a case study that illustrates a real business situation.
- Offer In-Depth Information on Business Negotiation Skills: This text provides practical take-away points for the manager and executive on integrative negotiation and contains a series of hands-on principles that have been proven to increase the value of negotiated deals.
- Keep your Course Current and Relevant: New examples, exercises, and statistics appear throughout the text.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Negotiation: The Mind and The Heart 1
Chapter 2 Preparation: What to Do Before Negotiation 12
Chapter 3 Distributive Negotiation: Slicing the Pie 38
Chapter 4 Win-Win Negotiation: Expanding the Pie 69
Part II Advanced Negotiation Skills 91
Chapter 5 Developing a Negotiating Style 91
Chapter 6 Establishing Trust and Building a Relationship 122
Chapter 7 Power, Gender, and Ethics 149
Chapter 8 Creativity and Problem Solving in Negotiations 173
Part III Applications and Special Scenarios 208
Chapter 9 Multiple Parties, Coalitions, and Teams 208
Chapter 10 Cross-Cultural Negotiation 245
Chapter 11 Social Dilemmas 278
Chapter 12 Negotiating Via Information Technology 308
Appendix 1 Are You a Rational Person? Check Yourself 328
Appendix 2 Nonverbal Communication and Lie Detection 349
Appendix 3 Third-Party Intervention 360
Appendix 4 Negotiating a Job Offer 369
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359711-0