Detailing the latest scientific findings regarding the relationship between the mind and body, this text discusses how attitudes and emotions directly affect physical health and well-being.
Mind/Body Health: The Effects of Attitudes, Emotions and Relationships is unique in the health market for its coverage of the subject from the perspective of health as it pertains to psychology, psychoneuroimmunology, relationships, faith, personality types, and other issues pertaining to consciousness. This book occupies a specialized niche and has earned a very loyal user base. Mind/Body Health is currently the only book of its kind, and can be used in a variety of courses such as: Personal Health, Holistic Health or Mind/Body Health, or even as a Sr. Capstone course.
Table of Contents
I. THE MIND BODY CONNECTION
1. Psychoneuroimmunology: The Connection between the Mind and the Body
2. The Impact of Stress on Health
II. ATTITUDES, PERCEPTION, AND HEALTH
3. Disease-Prone Personality
4. The Disease-Resistant Personality
5. Explanatory Style and Health
6. Locus of Control, Self-Esteem, and Health
III. EMOTIONS AND HEALTH
7. Anger, Hostility and Health
8. Worry, Anxiety, Fear, and Health
9. Depression, Despair, and Health
10. Grief, Bereavement, and Health
IV: RELATIONSHIPS, SOCIAL SUPPORT, AND HEALTH
11. Social Support, Relationships, and Health
12. Loneliness and Health
13. Marriage and Health
14. Families and Health
V. SPIRITUALITY AND HEALTH
15. Healing Power of Spirituality, Faith and Religion
16. Healing Power of Altruism
17. Healing Power of Humor and Laughter
VI. THE INTERVENTIONS OF BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE
18. Insomnia and Sleep Deprivation: Health Effects and Treatment
19. The Importance of Nutrition to Mind and Body Health
20. Behavioral Medicine Treatment: The Effects of Mind-Body Interventions on Health Outcomes
21. Creating Wellness: Implementing Principles of Resilience
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89081-8