MARKET: Directed primarily toward undergraduate MIS college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
MIS Essentials, 3/eshows exactly how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. Knowing this will help you get ahead of the IS impact, which in turn, will keep you ahead of the growing list of obsolete jobs. MyMISLab further prepares readers for the rigors of the workplace through additional practice material, quizzing, and testing, and also engages readers in real business situations through simulations.
The Third Edition focuses on the latest innovation in MIS and addresses today’s changing experience through new Guides and new GearUp and PRIDE cases, based on real businesses and business opportunities.
Note: This is the standalone book if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below.
0133098842 / 9780133098846 MIS Essentials Plus MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0132970759 / 9780132970754 MIS
013297293X / 9780132972932 MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for MIS Essentials
Table of Contents
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
3. Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware and Software
5. Database Processing
6. Data Communication and the Cloud
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE STRATEGY
7. Organizations and Information Systems
8. Social Media Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Information Systems Development
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Security Management
CE 1 Collaboration Information Systems for Decision-Making, Problem Solving, and Project Management
CE 2 Collaboration Information Systems for Student Projects
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend MIS Essentials, 4th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297282-6
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297290-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users