A brief text that covers the basics of using IS to solve business problems.
Help your students see why MIS is the most important course in the business school with MIS Essentials. This brief text shows students how businesses use–and need–information systems to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy.
Table of Contents
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
3. Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware and Software
5. Database Processing
6. Data Communication and the Cloud
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE STRATEGY
7. Organizations and Information Systems
8. Social Media Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Information Systems Development
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Security Management
CE 1 Collaboration Information Systems for Decision-Making, Problem Solving, and Project Management
CE 2 Collaboration Information Systems for Student Projects
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
MIS Essentials, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$63.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297032-7