ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For undergraduate Introductory Management Information Systems courses.
Exploring how people use IS to solve business problems, this engaging introduction explains why MIS is the most important course in the business school–showing students how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. Three unique Guides per chapter focus on the themes of ethics, security, and other timely topics; a number of illustrative cases, exercises, projects, and other aids ensure that students connect the knowledge in the text to everyday life. With a new edition now publishing each year, MIS Essentials, Fourth Edition contains fresh, new, and current material to help keep your students up to date.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MyMISLab–the online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that fosters learning within and beyond the classroom.
- Focus on important themes of ethics, security, and other timely topics through text’s Guides, designed to help students improve their skills as future business professionals.
- Connect classroom knowledge to everyday life with illustrative cases and a number of exercises and other interactive features.
- Keep content current to help keep your students up to date with the most recent events.
0133807479 / 9780133807479 MIS Essentials Plus NEW MyMiSLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133546594 / 9780133546590 MIS Essentials
0133591328 / 9780133591323 NEW MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for MIS Essentials
Table of Contents
1. The Importance of MIS
CE 1. Collaboration Information Systems for Decision Making, Problem Solving, and Project Management
CE 2. Collaboration Information Systems for Student Projects
2. Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
3. Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware and Software
5. Database Processing
6. The Cloud
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
7. Organizations and Information Systems
8. Social Media Information Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Information Systems Development
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Security Management
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-352751-3
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-401447-0
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-356552-2
Digital + Print
$139.13 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-387353-5
$145.13 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386951-4
$202.47 $193.87 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$131.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354682-8