Create a complete roadmap for capitalizing on analytics to grow topline revenue and build shareholder value in your unique organization! Modern Analytics Methodologies goes far beyond the classic Analytics Maturity Model to help you overcome the gaps between your current analytics capabilities and where you need to go. Pioneering analytics experts Michele Chambers and Thomas Dinsmore help you implement analytics that supports your strategy, aligns with your culture, and serves your customers and stakeholders.
Drawing on work with dozens of leading enterprises, Michele Chambers and Thomas Dinsmore describe high-value applications from many industries, and help you systematically identify and deliver on your company's best opportunities. Writing for both professionals and students, they show how to:
- Leverage the convergence of macro trends ranging from "flattening" and "green" to Big Data and machine learning
- Go beyond the Analytics Maturity Model: power your unique business strategy with an equally focused analytics strategy
- Link key business objectives with core characteristics of your organization, value chain, and stakeholders
- Take advantage of game changing opportunities before competitors do
- Effectively integrate the managerial and operational aspects of analytics
- Measure performance with dashboards, scorecards, visualization, simulation, and more
- Prioritize and score prospective analytics projects
- Identify "Quick Wins" you can implement while you're planning for the long-term
- Build an effective Analytic Program Office to make your roadmap persistent
- Update and revise your roadmap for new needs and technologies
Modern Analytics Methodologies will be an indispensable resource for any executive or professional concerned with analytics, including Chief Analytics Officers; Chief Data Officers; Chief Scientists; Chief Marketing Officers; Chief Risk Officers; Chief Strategy Officers; VPs of Analytics or Big Data; data scientists; business strategists; and line-of-business executives.
Table of Contents
Section I: Why You Need a Unique Analytics Roadmap 1
Chapter 1: Principles of Modern Analytics 3
Chapter 2: Business 3 0 Is Here Now 19
Chapter 3: Why You Need a Unique Analytics Roadmap 23
Section II: The Analytics Roadmap 29
Chapter 4: Analytics Can Supercharge Your Business Strategy 31
Chapter 5: Building Your Analytics Roadmap 57
Chapter 6: Analytic Applications 87
Chapter 7: Analytic Use Cases 105
Chapter 8: Predictive Analytics Methodology 123
Chapter 9: End-User Analytics 153
Chapter 10: Analytic Platforms 173
Section III: Implement Your Analytics Roadmap 203
Chapter 11: Attracting and Retaining Analytics Talent 205
Chapter 12: Organizing Analytics Teams 233
Chapter 13: What Are You Waiting For? Go Get Started! 243
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-349881-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-349880-6