Directed primarily toward undergraduate business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Modern Management is a traditionally organized principles of management text that integrates core concepts with cutting-edge skill training—all while keeping the focus on application. The text focuses not only on helping readers learn management concepts but also on developing the skills needed to apply to them through the completion of specifically designed innovation learning activities.
This edition provides the latest concepts and empirical research as well as the most recent examples of management in today’s business world.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Introduction to Modern Management
Chapter 1. Introducing Modern Management: Concepts and Skills
Chapter 2. Managing: History and Current Thinking
Part 2 Modern Management Challenges
Chapter 3. Managers and Society
Chapter 4. Management and Diversity
Chapter 5. Managing in the Global Arena
Chapter 6. Management and Entrepreneurship
Part 3 Planning
Chapter 7. Principles of Planning and Planning Tools
Chapter 8. Making Decisions
Chapter 9. Strategic Planning: Strategies, Tactics, and Competitive Dynamics
Part 4 Organizing
Chapter 10. Fundamentals of Organizing
Chapter 11. Responsibility, Authority, and Delegation
Chapter 12. Human Resource Management
Chapter 13. Organizational Change: Stress, Conflict, and Virtuality
Part 5 Influencing
Chapter 14. Influencing and Communication
Chapter 15. Leadership
Chapter 16. Motivation
Chapter 17. Groups and Teams
Chapter 18. Managing Organization Culture
Chapter 19. Encouraging Creativity and Innovation
Part 6 Controlling
Chapter 20. Controlling, Information, and TechnologyChapter 21. Production and Control
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Modern Management: Concepts and Skills, 14th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306109-3
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383930-2
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306103-1
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383929-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$209.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306030-0