Now completely up-to-date with the latest research advances, the Seventh Edition of James D. Watson’s classic book, Molecular Biology of the Gene retains the distinctive character of earlier editions that has made it the most widely used book in molecular biology. Twenty-two concise chapters, co-authored by six highly distinguished biologists, provide current, authoritative coverage of an exciting, fast-changing discipline.
Table of Contents
1. Mendelian View of the World
2. Nucleic Acids Convey Genetic Information
II. STRUCTURE AND STUDY OF MACROMOLECULES
3. Weak and strong chemical bonds.
4. The Structure of DNA
5. The Structure of RNA
6. The Structure of Proteins and Protein: Nucleic Acid Interactions
7. Techniques of Molecular Biology
III. MAINTENANCE OF THE GENOME
8. Genome Structure, Chromatin and the Nucleosome
9. The Replication of DNA
10. The Mutability and Repair of DNA
11. Homologous Recombination at the Molecular Level
12. Site Specific Recombination and Transposition of DNA
IV. EXPRESSION OF THE GENOME
13. Mechanisms of Transcription
14. RNA Splicing
16. The Genetic Code
17. Origins and early evolution of life
18. Transcriptional Regulation in Prokaryotes
19. Transcriptional Regulation in Eukaryotes
20. Regulatory RNAs
21. Gene Regulation in Development and Evolution
22. Systems Biology
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321934673
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Molecular Biology of the Gene, 7th Edition
James D. Watson, Tania A. Baker, Stephen P. Bell, Alexander Gann, Michael Levine, Richard Losick
$236.40 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90548-2
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90698-4
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88912-6
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90368-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$93.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89670-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$155.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90537-6