Now completely up-to-date with the latest research advances, the Seventh Edition of James D. Watson’s classic book, Molecular Biology of the Gene retains the distinctive character of earlier editions that has made it the most widely used book in molecular biology. Twenty-two concise chapters, co-authored by six highly distinguished biologists, provide current, authoritative coverage of an exciting, fast-changing discipline. The Seventh Edition provides student-friendly resources, including new end-of-chapter problems and the MasteringBiology online homework and assessment system.
Table of Contents
1. Mendelian View of the World
2. Nucleic Acids Convey Genetic Information
II. STRUCTURE AND STUDY OF MACROMOLECULES
3. Weak and strong chemical bonds.
4. The Structure of DNA
5. The Structure of RNA
6. The Structure of Proteins and Protein: Nucleic Acid Interactions
7. Techniques of Molecular Biology
III. MAINTENANCE OF THE GENOME
8. Genome Structure, Chromatin and the Nucleosome
9. The Replication of DNA
10. The Mutability and Repair of DNA
11. Homologous Recombination at the Molecular Level
12. Site Specific Recombination and Transposition of DNA
IV. EXPRESSION OF THE GENOME
13. Mechanisms of Transcription
14. RNA Splicing
16. The Genetic Code
17. Origins and early evolution of life
18. Transcriptional Regulation in Prokaryotes
19. Transcriptional Regulation in Eukaryotes
20. Regulatory RNAs
21. Gene Regulation in Development and Evolution
22. Systems Biology
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Molecular Biology of the Gene, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$77.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88819-8