Refund Policy: Information about our product refund policy is available on the Customer Care page.
This is a subscription-based eBook that will be available to you on VitalSource.com for the duration of your course. This eBook may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
Now completely up-to-date with the latest research advances, the Seventh Edition of James D. Watson’s classic book, Molecular Biology of the Gene retains the distinctive character of earlier editions that has made it the most widely used book in molecular biology. Twenty-two concise chapters, co-authored by six highly distinguished biologists, provide current, authoritative coverage of an exciting, fast-changing discipline.
Table of Contents
1. Mendelian View of the World
2. Nucleic Acids Convey Genetic Information
II. STRUCTURE AND STUDY OF MACROMOLECULES
3. Weak and strong chemical bonds.
4. The Structure of DNA
5. The Structure of RNA
6. The Structure of Proteins and Protein: Nucleic Acid Interactions
7. Techniques of Molecular Biology
III. MAINTENANCE OF THE GENOME
8. Genome Structure, Chromatin and the Nucleosome
9. The Replication of DNA
10. The Mutability and Repair of DNA
11. Homologous Recombination at the Molecular Level
12. Site Specific Recombination and Transposition of DNA
IV. EXPRESSION OF THE GENOME
13. Mechanisms of Transcription
14. RNA Splicing
16. The Genetic Code
17. Origins and early evolution of life
18. Transcriptional Regulation in Prokaryotes
19. Transcriptional Regulation in Eukaryotes
20. Regulatory RNAs
21. Gene Regulation in Development and Evolution
22. Systems Biology
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89670-4
Purchase of this product will grant access to an eTextBook on VitalSource.com. After you have completed your purchase, instructions on how to redeem your access code will be available on your account page.