This best-selling text offers a balanced approach to issues as it explores today’s multicultural landscape and how to prepare teachers to use equitable and reflective decision making in their multicultural classrooms.
The ninth edition of Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society was designed to introduce prospective teachers to the different cultural groups to which students and their families belong. In this time of extensive standardized testing, we must remember that students are the center of teaching. We have to understand and build on their cultures and experiences to help them learn at the highest levels. In this regard, this book provides background on the diversity of the nation’s students, explores the social and educational issues faced by teachers in diverse classrooms, and guides the reader to think critically and reflectively about their decisions as a teacher in a multicultural education classroom.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Foundations of Multicultural Education
Chapter 2: Ethnicity and Race
Chapter 3: Class and Socioeconomic Status
Chapter 4: Gender
Chapter 5: Sexual Orientation
Chapter 6: Exceptionality
Chapter 7: Language
Chapter 8: Religion
Chapter 9: Geography
Chapter 10: Age
Chapter 11: Education that is Multicultural
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$20.00 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$92.70 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-291648-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309324-7
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$119.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300794-7