This contemporary text addresses a wide range of diverse groups in society as they relate to the criminal justice system.
Multiculturalism and the Criminal Justice System, 1e, is the contemporary text that addresses diversity and multicultural issues in the policing, judicial, correctional, and juvenile justice segments of the criminal justice system. This text contains numerous visual aids that showcase data that is current and relevant. Unlike the competition, this text is comprehensive in its portrayal of various minority groups, addresses the issues from a systemic view of criminal justice, is practitioner-driven, and is well organized.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book fulfills the need for a thorough and up-to-date text on multicultural issues facing criminal justice practitioners. It provides:
- Comprehensive content: Students will learn about multiculturalism in a manner that has both breadth and depth
- Up-to-date coverage of multi-cultural issues facing criminal justice practitioners: Examines perspectives from the practitioner, offender, and victim vantage point
- Exceptional pedagogical tools and support for flexible approaches to teaching and learning:Encourages students to develop critical thinking skills with numerous examples and exercises, and makes class preparation quick and easy with innovative features for instructors
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Minorities, Diversity, Multiculturalism, and Globalization & the Criminal Justice System
Chapter 2 Racial Minorities, Assimilation, Acculturation, and Classism in a Democratic Society
Chapter 3 Minorities based on Age and Disability
Chapter 4 Minorities based on Gender and Sexual Preference
Chapter 5 Cultural Competence and Cross-Cultural Communication in Agencies
Chapter 6 Law Enforcement and Minorities
Chapter 7 Law Enforcement and Minorities
Chapter 8 The Courts and Minorities
Chapter 9 Minorities in the Court System
Chapter 10 Corrections, Classism, Poverty, & Minority Groups
Chapter 11 Corrections and Minorities: Minorities, Gang Affiliation, Gender, and Staff Issues
Chapter 12 Juvenile Minority Wellness & Health Disparities, Gender, Sexual Identity, Youth Culture, & Social Class
Chapter 13 Types of Juvenile Offending, Gang Affiliation by Race and Gender, Disproportionate Minority Contact in Juvenile System
Chapter 14 Cultural Competence Training, Assessment & Evaluation of Cultural Competence, and Evidence Based Practices in Culturally Competent Agencies
Chapter 15 Future Multicultural Trends in Criminal Justice
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358077-8