The most engaging and musical Sight-Singing text on the market.
Music for Sight Singing is structured around organized melodiesdrawn from the literature of composed music and a wide range of the world’s folk music. Real music exercises allow readers to practice sight singing and develop their “mind’s ear” – the ability to imagine how music sounds without first playing it on an instrument.
The ninth edition continues to introduce a host of important musical considerations beyond pitch and rhythm- including dynamics, accents, articulations, slurs, repeat signs, and tempo markings. The book’s arrangement of simple to complex exercises lays the foundations for success.
This text is available in a variety of formats – print and digital. Check your favorite digital provider for your etext, including CourseSmart, Kindle, Nook, and more. To learn more about our programs, pricing options, and customization, click the Choices tab.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Fluently read rhythms in simple and compound meters, including those in relatively unusual, irregular, or changing meter signatures.
- Sight sing melodies in any major or minor key, and in any diatonic mode.
- Effortlessly read all four common clefs.
- Understand common musical symbols and terms.
- Recognize and sing important harmonic features such as dominant seventh and Neapolitan chords.
- Improvise effectively from a variety of background structures such as a harmonic progression or an underlying contrapuntal framework.
- Negotiate chromatic passages from simple embellishing tones and tonicizations to modulations to post-tonal music.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Music for Sight Singing, CourseSmart eTextbook, 9th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$44.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-93832-2