When asked what their biggest challenges are for their course, students agree that there’s too much to cover and not enough time. With My Health: An Outcomes Approach, we’re giving you the tools you need to succeed.
The organization of the book into modules allows you to customize your study plan to fit your particular time constraints. Learning outcomes and “Check Yourself” review questions tied to these outcomes are part of each module, so you can learn the information and then test your understanding right away, getting immediate feedback on their progress. My Health’s learning outcomes were developed and edited by instructors to ensure that they meet the course’s needs nationwide.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MasteringHealth does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MasteringHealth please visit www.masteringhealthandnutrition.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MasteringHealth by searching for 0321982991/9780321982995 . MasteringHealth is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. Healthy Change
2. Psychosocial Health
4. Relationships and Sexuality
5. Reproductive Choices
6. Addiction and Drug Abuse
7. Alcohol and Tobacco
9. Weight Management and Body Image
11. CVD, Cancer, and Diabetes
12. Infectious Conditions
13. Violence and Unintentional Injuries
14. Environmental Health
15. Consumerism and Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$27.00 | Add to Cart
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend My Health: The MasteringHealth Edition, 2nd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379837-1
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379845-6
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-80723-6
$41.25 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-80422-8
$40.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-384681-2
$40.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379844-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users