MyEducationLab is a valuable, time-saving website that provides the context of real classrooms and artifacts that research on teacher education tells us is so important. The authentic in-class video footage, interactive skill-building exercises, and other resources available on MyEducationLab offer a uniquely valuable teacher education tool. MyEducationLab is easy to use and integrate into assignments and courses. For each topic covered in the course you will find most or all of the following resources:
- Connection to National Standards: Each topic on MyEducationLab lists intended learning outcomes connected to the appropriate national standards. And all of the Assignments and Activities and all of the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions in MyEducationLab are mapped to the appropriate national standards and learning outcomes as well.
- Assignments and Activities: Designed to save instructors preparation time and enhance student understanding, these assignable exercises show concepts in action (through video, cases, and/or student and teacher artifacts). They help students synthesize and apply concepts and strategies they read about in the book.
- Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions: These learning units help students practice and strengthen skills that are essential to quality teaching. They are presented with the core skill or concept and then given an opportunity to practice their understanding of this concept multiple times by watching video footage (or interacting with other media) and then critically analyzing the strategy or skill presented.
- IRIS Center Resources: The IRIS Center at Vanderbilt University (http://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu—funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)) develops training enhancement materials for pre-service and in-service teachers. The Center works with experts from across the country to create challenge-based interactive modules, case study units, and podcasts that provide research-validated information about working with students in inclusive settings. In your MyEducationLab course we have integrated this content where appropriate.
- Teacher Talk: This feature links to videos of teachers of the year across the country discussing their personal stories of why they teach. This National Teacher of the Year Program is sponsored by the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and focuses public attention on teaching excellence.
- General Resources to help students pass their licensure exams; put together effective portfolios and lesson plans; prepare for and navigate the first year of their teaching careers; and understand key educational standards, policies, and laws
Visit www.myeducationlab.com for a demonstration of this exciting new online teaching resource.
Format: Premium Item
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.