The Fourth Edition provides a new active learning approach, a fully updated visual program and revised pedagogy tools that highlight hallmark concepts of the text. Students have access to an updated Hazard City, an online media resource which gives instructors meaningful, easy-to-assign, and easy-to-grade assignments in which students investigate virtual disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for your students. Here’s how:
- Engage your students with dynamic content: Newly revised stories and case studies give students a behind the scenes glimpse into the lives of survivors, professionals and hazardous events.
- Use strong pedagogy tools that highlight the text’s core features: The new chapter structure and design organizes the material into three major sections to help students learn, digest, and review learning objectives.
Table of Contents
2. Internal Structure of Earth and Plate Tectonics
7. Mass Wasting
8. Subsidence and Soils
9. Atmospheric Processes and Severe Weather
10. Hurricanes and Extratropical Cyclones
11. Coastal Hazards
12. Climate and Climate Change
14. Impacts and Extinctions
Appendix A Minerals
Appendix B Rocks
Appendix C Maps and Related Topics
Appendix D How Geologists Determine Geologic Time
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94350-7