ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For an introductory-level course in natural hazards
Natural Hazards uses real-life examples of hazards and disasters to explore how and why they happen—and what we can do to limit their effects. The text’s up-to-date coverage of recent disasters brings a fresh perspective to the material.
The Fourth Edition provides a new active learning approach, a fully updated visual program and revised pedagogy tools that highlight hallmark concepts of the text. Students have access to an updated Hazard City, an online media resource which gives instructors meaningful, easy-to-assign, and easy-to-grade assignments in which students investigate virtual disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for your students. Here’s how:
- Provide a balanced approach to the study of natural hazards: Focus on globalization of our economy, information access, and human effects on our planet in a broader, more balanced approach to the study of natural hazards.
- Engage your students with “Hazard City": Students work through 11 different assignments by stepping into the role of a practicing geologist and analyzing potential disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
- Enhance understanding and comprehension of natural hazards: Newly revised stories and case studies give students a behind the scenes glimpse into the lives of survivors, professionals and hazardous events.
- Strong pedagogy tools reinforce the text’s core features: The new chapter structure and design organizes the material into three major sections to help students learn, digest, and review learning objectives.
0133907651 / 9780133907650 Natural Hazards: Earth's Processes as Hazards, Disasters, and Catastrophes Plus MasteringGeology -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321939964 / 9780321939968 Natural Hazards: Earth's Processes as Hazards, Disasters, and Catastrophes
0321970349 / 9780321970343 Hazard City for MasteringGeology -- Standalone Access Card -- for Hazard City
Table of Contents
2. Internal Structure of Earth and Plate Tectonics
7. Mass Wasting
8. Subsidence and Soils
9. Atmospheric Processes and Severe Weather
10. Hurricanes and Extratropical Cyclones
11. Coastal Hazards
12. Climate and Climate Change
14. Impacts and Extinctions
Appendix A Minerals
Appendix B Rocks
Appendix C Maps and Related Topics
Appendix D How Geologists Determine Geologic Time
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$38.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-403921-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$44.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94350-7